Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A day in history

So this morning I watched history being made as America's first African-American president, Barack Obama, was sworn into office. Now, let me be perfectly frank, I have my reservations about this man as our president, they are based both on his politics, as well as on my religious and personal beliefs. But because the people have spoken and chosen him to lead our nation I will support and honor him as the leader of our nation. I will also admit that I found his acceptance speech was both powerful and inspirational; it encouraged me to take a honest look at myself and realize that my potential and my ability to succeed in life is within my reach. I must do what needs to be done, learn what needs to be learned, surrender what needs to be surrendered, and allow God to lead where me to where I need to be led.

So, although I did not vote for President Obama, I will take my stand next to him as a citizen of this nation, doing my part in keeping the American Dream alive not only in my life, but in the life of my children, their children, and their children's children. Through my life example my they learn and grasp the meaning of hard work, determination, moral conviction, faith in God, and achievement of goals.

Moving forward to a new day, a new life and a new dream.

Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment