Thursday, January 22, 2009

Confirmation

Okay, if I haven't mentioned it before, I'm working with a life coach, Alyssa Gregory. Over the past 3 weeks she has really helped me "see" things. At our last conversation we got in depths about my "fears". Which is weird cause I pride myself in being a "take the bull by the horns" type person. Obviously not true. So what was "revealed" is that when I think of something I want I allow negative thoughts to feed my fear of failure. This is really tough for me to admit, cause I can be the world's biggest cheerleader for everyone else but me, because when I see me I see a fraud, how sad, right?!

After my coaching session my assignment is to write in my blog the things that I want, the things that will fulfill me, my dreams and only focus on the positive, no negatives allowed, thus my post yesterday. Hey, I'm trying here!

Apparently, God is also trying to get my attention in this area, because one of the devotionals I e-scribe to, In Touch with Dr. Charles Stanley (www.intouch.org), actually touched on this. The devotional focused on the Israelites and their commission to possess the land of Canaan. Now God had promised this land to the Israelites years before they even arrived there, so it was already a given. However, when they received word that the land was occupied by "giants", they allowed their fear to keep them from receiving God's promise. It took one man, Caleb, to step out in faith because he focused on the bigger picture (God's promise) and not the obstacles (giants) that were before him.

Hello!!!!! Am I listening?!

God has great things for me, He wants me to step out in faith. Maybe I don't exactly know what to do, but I need to do something.

I talked with Alyssa about starting a transcription biz, just to bring in some income, so I'm starting there. Where it will go, I don't know, but I can find out one step at a time.

Another area, is this blog. Although it is for my eyes (and my coach) only, I am starting to feel really good about posting here and look I forward to doing it. Where this will go, I don't know either, but right now it's just moving forward...

Pressing on Toward the Goal
12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me
Philippians 3:12 (New International Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment