Sunday, June 29, 2014

What Is "Living Beyond Ordinary"?

I wrote the post below in 2009 for my blog entitled "Living Beyond Ordinary".  I reread it this morning and felt it was worth reposting here.  Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~

As I thought about my post today, I asked myself, "What is living beyond ordinary?"

Living beyond ordinary is seeing every day as an opportunity. Lately, all we have been bombarded with is negativity: the economy, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the housing crisis, etc. Even in the face of all those difficulties, the United States of America is still the most powerful, humanitarian, opportunity rich nation in the world.

It's time we stop looking at our limitations and not allow the dark "gloom and doom" image portrayed by the media at large to dictate our security. Yes, times are challenging but not impossible. Will it be easy? Heck no, but the struggles we overcome will make us that much more stronger and less fearful.

I say let's hold our heads up, roll up our sleeves and not wait around for a hand-out or someone to fix our situations.

Ordinary is blaming someone else for our personal struggles whether financial, physical, spiritual or otherwise; living beyond ordinary is accepting our situation, taking ownership and doing what we need to do to overcome it.

This is a new day, my new day to reach out to someone, feel the sun on my face, accomplish a goal, overcome a challenge, thank God for His mercy and love, and live beyond ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment