Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer Time , Enjoy It

Ahh, the beginning of the warming trend is here.  June started off a bit gloomy and cool which does not do much for my disposition -- I am a summer person.

This year I have seen less of the outdoors than I would like.  Usually I am out taking walks, sitting on my patio enjoying the warm afternoon breeze, or planning a day out with the kids.  Not this year.  With all that's been going on especially economically wise in our household trying to keep financially stable has pretty much taken hostage most of my time, focus and energy.  I don't like it!!!  Slowly, we have started reclaiming our weekends and have been staying active over the past few weeks.  The upcoming weekend will be spent camping on the beach in Ventura California.

It is definitely important to take time out to enjoy life regardless of what is going on around us.  Allowing the everyday challenges of life weigh us down does nothing but contribute negatively to our outlook on life.  By making the effort to find the fun in life we appreciate the little things and recognize that the hard times are only building blocks to a more positive existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment