Thursday, July 15, 2010

Simple Yet Powerful

"Oh, God, help me!"  This seems to be my constant prayer these days.  This cry does not pertain to any one specific thing in my life but to a plethora of things; family issues, business issues; finances; marriage; children; purpose; you name it, it applies.

I don't know if these things really recently became difficult issues in my life or whether I am just more aware of the normal challenges of these situations.  Regardless, I know that I can't do it alone, so I cry, "Oh, God, help me!"

Help me to keep going.
Help me to stay positive.
Help me to be hopeful.
Help me to trust You.
Help me to help others.
Help me.

This simple prayer seems almost infantile, yet by just asking God to help me I feel empowered, restored, capable, I can do this.  In crying out to Him for help I acknowledge my need for Him.  I recognize that on my own I am weak, and it is only through Him that I find strength and hope to continue.  Of course, I must move past these four words and communicate with God more intently and more intimately.  However, when it feels like I just can't go on one more day, when the stresses and trials of life press heavy on me and I am at a loss for words, "Oh, God help me," seems to be just the right thing to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment