Tuesday, March 24, 2009

In this world you will have troubles

There are a few versus in the Bible that I would rather not read or hear, and John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world," happens to be one of them.

Although God clearly states He is greater than any problem, situation or concern we will ever face, the fact that we have to face them at all is a bummer. However, I have learned that those unpleasant, difficult, painful, discouraging, draining, engulfing, burdening trials are the footings necessary to the solid construction of our faith foundation.

How else would we know that God is true to His Word? How else could we be of help and support and encouragement to others going through the same situation? I am amazed that He loves and believes in us so much that He actually allows us to go through "boot camp" so that we may gain the skills and knowledge necessary to be effective soldiers for His kingdom.

I know I don't like going through the valleys of life, but if I've learned anything from those experiences is that when I reach the mountain top the view is that much more awesome and rewarding.

Pressing on,

No comments:

Post a Comment